Donna Hatch, author of the best-selling “Rogue Hearts Series,” has won writing awards such as The Golden Quill and the International Digital Award. A hopeless romantic and adventurer at heart, she is a sought-after workshop presenter, and juggles multiple volunteer positions and her six children. A native of Arizona who recently transplanted to the Pacific Northwest, she and her husband of over twenty years are living proof that there really is a happily ever after.
Q&A with the Author
1. What inspired your book?
The murder plot in The Suspect’s Daughter was inspired by a true event in England known as the Cato Street Conspiracy, which thankfully, was averted largely in part due to an undercover Bow Street Runner. This event happened in 1820, the same year my book takes place. When I read of the Cato Street Conspiracy, I knew it had to be Grant's story. Obviously I took some creative license, but the suspense plot in my book strongly parallels the real one. As far as the romantic plot, Grant is so emotionally closed off, as readers of my other books already know, that I knew it would be fun to pair him with a spunky, vivacious, glass-half-full kind of girl who is emotionally strong enough to not only challenge him and match him wit for wit, but with a big enough heart to see through his defensive barriers into the lonely, vulnerable man hiding underneath.
2. How do you spend your free time?
Free time? I don't think I have ever had any free time. I'm not even sure what that means. When I'm too mentally or emotionally tired to write, and if my family doesn't need me for anything pressing, I read. Reading recharges me in a way that nothing else can. I enjoy going for long walks, watching old movies--especially adaptations of Jane Austen novels and romantic comedies--and playing games with my family. I've become pretty good at ping pong (table tennis) and my husband is a ruthless opponent.
"Determined to help her father with his political career, Jocelyn sets aside dreams of love. When she meets the handsome and mysterious Grant Amesbury, her dreams reawaken. But his secrets put her family in peril.
Grant goes undercover to capture conspirators avowed to murder the prime minister, but his only suspect is the father of a courageous lady who is growing increasingly hard to ignore. He can’t allow Jocelyn to distract him from the case, nor will he taint her with his war-darkened soul. She seems to see past the barriers surrounding his heart, which makes her all the more dangerous to his vow of remaining forever alone. Jocelyn will do anything to clear her father’s name, even if that means working with Grant. Time is running out. The future of England hangs in the balance...and so does their love."
~ Amazon ~ Amazon UK ~
~ Amazon Canada ~ B&N ~ Smashwords ~
Author Top Ten List
1. I like cats--kittens are even more fun.
2. I am a harpist and I teach harp lessons.
3. Every morning after I get the children off to school, I go for a walk. (At least, that's always the goal)
4. I hate spiders. HATE. With a passion.
5. Due to moves in my childhood, I attended 9 different schools. Being the new kid isn't all it's cracked up to be.
6. I love cheesecake just as much as I love chocolate--chocolate cheesecake is even better. Caramel is a close second. Caramel-chocolate cheesecake, anyone?
7. Currently I'm juggling: a YA dystopian aka speculative fiction, a YA historical paranormal, book 4 of my Rogue Hearts Regency series, and a new Regency trilogy.
8. I am majorly claustrophobic, which is exactly why, when I had to give my super-warrior weapons master, Kai Darkwood in my fantasy Queen in Exile, some flaw or fear, I chose claustrophobia for his--I understand it.
9. I love to ballroom dance. LOVE.
10. I also love bodies of water of any kind--ocean, river, lake, stream, waterfall, backyard garden pond. It just does something for my soul. This is partly why we recently moved from the desert to Washington State. I even love water when it's falling from the sky. Mermaid, anyone?
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page
7/23/2016 04:54:07 pm
I really enjoy this series!
Comments are closed.
Bringing you your next favorite clean read...
Need a good book to read? Check here... Anything from regency, romance, historical fiction, contemporary...
Learn more about how I rate the books I read HERE.
Follow the adult reader blog via email.
How to comment on the blog due to weird theme issues:
-Notify me of new comments to this post by email
Need to search the site? Use the search engine below...