Bookish Discoveries I Made in 2019
So I don't actually have 10 discoveries, but I decided to share a few discoveries that I did make...
1) I absolutely adore the bookish community. And I was especially reminded of that when I attended Christian Fiction Readers Retreat (CFRR) (now retired and replaced by Storyfest) in April 2019. I have made some of my very best friends online through blogging/reviewing. And I wouldn't have it any other way! Book people are my people!!!
2) I was introduced to Libib and have fallen in love with it!! It's definitely a work in progress, but now I have somewhere I can cataloge my books and keep track of what I have and how many I have.
3) I love to travel. Especially to bookish events, such as CFRR (see above), different author events, and Storymakers (a writer's conference).
4) I discovered several fun new authors:
5) I love love love having my favorite print books on my shelves, but in all the practicallity, my Kindle app on my phone and my Kindle are the best place for me to read or listen to audio books so that my kids don't wrip my books up.
6) I absolutely adore booksleeves. In fact, I have become quite obsessed and all the sleeves I own take up a whole shelf on my bookshelf in my bedroom (and then some). They make for a great bookstagram picture prop. My favorite shops are Belle's Book Sleeves and BookGizmo.
7) I love bookish themed candles. These also make for a good bookstagram picture prop. My favorite shops are From the Page, Wick and Sarcasm, and Novelly Yours. Wizz Pop Candles (no longer in business).
What bookish discoveries did you make in 2019?
It was so hard to pick just 10. So I picked my top 10 for Contemporary and my top 10 for Historical. What books are you looking forward to reading for the first part of 2020?
Click the release dates below to purchase a book on Amazon.
Check out this other list on Goodreads of Top Anticipated Reads for 2020.
Click any of the links below to purchase the book on Amazon.
Books for Adults
***NOTE: All Hallow's Eve Collection is currently $0.99!
***NOTE: Pre-order The House on Foster Hill today for only $10.39 for a print copy.
Books for Teens
Books for Kids
In no particular order, here are some of my favorite romance series:
The Everstone Chronicles
Beacons of Hope
Ladies of the Manor
Class of Their Own
Treasures of Surrey
Teaville Moral Society
Waves of Freedom
Of Love and War
Isle of Hope
Add this series to your GoodReads TBR pile HERE!!
(Note: Book 3 never released with David C. Cook and all three novels are set to be re-released with a new publisher in the near future.)
What are some of your favorite romance series?
I have many other favorite books from before I started blogging, but I narrowed it down to the following ten:
What are some of your all time favorite novels?
There are plenty more of where these came from, but...
here are 10 books that released in 2016 that I meant to get to but never did.
(Add these books to your TBR pile by clicking the images below.)
What 2016 releases did you mean to read and didn't get to?
This is a difficult task. But I have compiled my list of top reads from 2016 in four different genres--Children's, Young Adult, Contemporary, and my all time favorite genre, Historical Fiction.
And my all time favorite genre...
Bringing you your next favorite clean read...
Need a good book to read? Check here... Anything from regency, romance, historical fiction, contemporary...
How to comment on the blog due to weird theme issues:
-Notify me of new comments to this post by email
Need to search the site? Use the search engine below...
Learn more about how I rate the books I read HERE.
Follow the adult reader blog via email.