My name is Robyn Echols. Zina Abbott is the pen I use for my historical novels. I’m a member of Women Writing the West and Western Writers of America. I currently live with my husband in California’s central valley near the “Gateway to Yosemite.”I love to read, quilt, work with digital images on my photo editing program, and work on my own family history.
I am a blogger. In addition to my own blog, I blog for several group blogs including the Sweet Americana Sweethearts blog, which I started and administer.
A widow with two small children, Nissa Stillwell was forced out of the mining supervisor's house after her husband died in the mine disaster in Wildcat Ridge, Utah. She quickly learns before his death, he went heavily into debt. She leaves what few possessions remain behind and contracts with the Ridge Hotel to do their laundry and live in the laundry shed and drying yard next to the hotel. She is able to make ends meet—barely.
Being left with only the furnishings and personal items that make up James Stillwell’s estate, Mortimer Crane goes after Nissa to pay the balance owed. She refuses, but he insists she work off the debt in his Gentlemen Only Salon.
Rancher Dallin Walsh has been too busy building up his spread in the isolated mountains of western Colorado to look for a wife. He comes to Wildcat Ridge for a big horse auction. Between Crane and three drifters, he comes to Nissa’s defense more than once. Desperate to leave Wildcat Ridge, Nissa asks him to hire her as a housekeeper. Does Dallin want a housekeeper—or does he have something else in mind?
Hal and Buck, two wranglers who work for Dallin, soon find most women in town are as eager to find husbands to move to Wildcat Ridge so they can keep their homes as they are to sell horses. A woman in difficulty captures Hal’s attention. Another woman finds Buck, but he definitely is not interested in a wife.
Who will go to Colorado, and who will stay in Wildcat Ridge?
Top Ten List:
10 Fun Facts About Myself
1. I’m not a fun person—I tend to be serious.
2. I’ll go to an organizational meeting with a speaker or class before I’ll go to a social party.
3. I’m analytical and sometimes suffer from “analysis paralysis.”
4. I like to quilt rather than sew garments because l like doing the math to create new block designs.
5. The other fun part of quilting for me is to put together colors and fabric patterns I don’t think will look good together – but in the end, they do!
6. I like photography, but I’m not a professional. Thank goodness for digital cameras and photo-editing programs.
7. I love to create digital memes, banners and blog post headers.
8. I belong to my county genealogical society.
9. My idea of camping is staying in a fifth wheel or a trailer—with internet access.
10. I’d rather be reading.
Enter the giveaway HERE.
Bringing you your next favorite clean read...
Need a good book to read? Check here... Anything from regency, romance, historical fiction, contemporary...
Check Out Code: BOOKISH
How to comment on the blog due to weird theme issues:
-Notify me of new comments to this post by email
Need to search the site? Use the search engine below...
Learn more about how I rate the books I read HERE.
Follow the adult reader blog via email.