He doesn’t expect to come home to a stranger pointing a loaded gun at his chest— a tough yet beautiful woman that Sam hired as the house manager. Colt senses there’s more to Angelina Morales than meets the eye and he’s determined to find out what she’s hiding...and why.
Colt’s return brings new challenges. Younger brother Nick has been Sam’s right-hand man at the ranch for years and isn’t thrilled at having Colt insert himself into Double S affairs. And the ranch’s contentious relationship with the citizens of Gray’s Glen asks all the Stafford men to examine their hearts about what it truly means to be a neighbor. And as Wall Street recovers, will Colt succumb to the call of the financial district’s wealth and power—or finally the courage to stay in the saddle for good?
Available to purchase on
- AMAZON -
Multi-published, bestselling author Ruth Logan Herne loves God, her family, her country, dogs, chocolate and coffee! A country gal with a heart for the big city, Ruthy likes nothing more than to write the kind of books she loves to read, and she's even more happy that now she gets paid to do it! She's been married for a Very Long Time and she and her husband Dave live on a small farm in upstate New York where lake effect snow buries them on a regular basis in winter. But that's all right... it gives her more time to write!
Check out the interview with Ruth HERE.
1. Colt had to be smokin’ hot to be a guy who can transition from Wall Street mega-earner to tall-in-the-saddle cowboy… I needed a power player image so I used my son Luke’s job in NYC to give me the basis… and then made Colt cowboy-up!
2. Central Washington got picked as the home for the big, sprawling Double S Ranch because the gorgeous broad, lush Kittitas Valley has a history of being one of the best produce and meat producing areas from the time of the early settlements.
3. I’m writing a Christmas historical novella set in the very same location to show what life was like in the valley 120 years before! And it was still gorgeous then!
4. Angelina is one tough cookie, but she’s also all woman, with a heart for children… and we see that throughout the stories, but she does greet Colt with a gun aimed at his back… and unafraid to use it!
5. I used an example here in upstate New York… a philanthropist who is buying up areas of a small town, refurbishing them and tucking businesses into the. Like a whole town facelift… I love that “Teach a Man to Fish” mindset!
6. Isabo has an intuitive sense about people… and about Stafford men. Not much gets by Isabo, ever.
7. We’ve put several of the Double S Ranch recipes over at Yankee Belle Café, the fun, easy-going virtual café I run with Missy Tippens, Mary Jane Hathaway, Cate Nolan, Jan Drexler, and Mindy Obenhaus. Isabo’s Cinnamon Rolls, Angelina’s Cherry Cake and Angelina’s Pulled Beef.
8. One facet of Sam Stafford’s personality was inspired by Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s “The Lost Christmas Eve” a poignant CD about a man who lost his wife, the love of his life, and then paid no attention to his child… And that little piece of Sam makes all the difference in learning to love him. The big oaf. J
9. I loved being able to write cowboys and kids and cows and horses and dogs and oh, yes… did I mention cowboys????
10. Gray’s Glen is loosely based on Cle Elum, a great town in Central Washington, and home of the Cle Elum Bakery, with some of the best donuts (doughnuts!) I’ve ever had! Hats off to the staff of the Cle Elum Bakery!
Discussion with Ruthy...
March 14--The Artist Librarian | cherylbbookblog
March 15--Toni Shiloh Prayerfully-Lifted Romance | deal sharing aunt
March 16--Smiling Book Reviews | The Power of Words
March 17--Mel's Shelves
March 18--Fiction, Faith, and Fun | Singing Librarian Books
March 19--Just Commonly | Katie's Clean Book Collection
Bringing you your next favorite clean read...
Need a good book to read? Check here... Anything from regency, romance, historical fiction, contemporary...
How to comment on the blog due to weird theme issues:
-Notify me of new comments to this post by email
Need to search the site? Use the search engine below...
Learn more about how I rate the books I read HERE.
Follow the adult reader blog via email.