Lisa Orchard grew up loving books. She was hooked on books by the fifth grade and even wrote a few of her own. She knew she wanted to be a writer even then. Her first published works are the “Super Spies Series.” These stories revolve around a group of friends who form their own detective squad and the cases they solve. “The Starlight Chronicles,” is the next series that Lisa created with musical misfit, Lark Singer as her main character.
Lisa resides in Michigan with her husband, Steve, and two wonderful boys. Currently, she’s working on the next book in the Starlight Chronicles Series along with a few new ideas that may turn into stand-alone novels. When she’s not writing she enjoys spending time with her family, running, hiking, and reading.
View the interview HERE.
1. Favorite quote: I don’t know who the author is, but I love the quote: “It’s impossible,” said Pride. “It’s risky,” said Experience. “It’s pointless,”said Reason. “Give it a try,” whispered the Heart.
2. Favorite book: It depends on my mood, but right now I have two: One adult book, titled: “Everything I never Told You” by Celeste Ng. One Young Adult book, titled: Untwine by Edwidge Dantecat.
3. Favorite dessert: Lorna Doone Chocolate Dessert. It’s a combination of shortbread cookies, chocolate, and whipped cream
4. Favorite flower: This too changes with my mood because I love all flowers, but right now I’m partial to sunflowers.
5. Favorite season: Summer
6. Favorite T.V. series: I would have to say “Breaking Bad.” It was so well written and it illustrated how the main character evolved from being such a nice guy to a really bad guy.
7. Favorite place to visit: Any place tropical J
8. Favorite Restaurant: Red Lobster (I love seafood)
9. Favorite author: I love reading so I have many favorites, but here’s a few: Stephen King, Celeste, Ng, Rebecca Stead, and Clare Vanderpool.
10. Favorite holiday: Christmas
1. The inspiration behind this story is the band RUSH. They’ve been around since the sixties and their music is still popular today.
2. What I like about RUSH is the fact that they performed because of their love of music. They weren’t into attention grabbing behavior like so many other rock bands of their era. This is where I got the inspiration for Lark’s (the main character) drive and focus.
3. The series started out as one book and my publisher thought it’d be better if it were split up into three separate stories.
4. Like Lark, I always wanted to play the guitar, but I never got the opportunity to do it.
5. I’ve never watched reality shows like “Survivor,” or “The Voice,” so it’s very ironic that I’ve written a story where winning one is the focal point for my main character.
6. I completed “The Starlight Chronicles” just before I had to undergo chemo therapy. Editing this series, helped me through that process.
7. I wrote this story because I want young girls who are facing adversity to persevere, just because the journey is hard, doesn’t mean it’s not worth pursuing.
8. I’m working on the fourth book in the series, I’m almost done with it. I’m also working on some other ideas that have inspired me.
9. This story comes from my own desire to be a rock star. Hasn’t everyone had this dream at some point?
10. The tenth and final fact is that I said the first sentence in “Gideon Lee” to my husband when we were watching a documentary about RUSH. That one sentence sparked the whole series. Isn’t it funny where our ideas stem from?
Book 1: Gideon Lee
Gideon Lee, the first book in Lisa Orchard’s Starlight Chronicles is a book about a teenage girl, Lark Singer, that has the typical struggling relationship with her mother and she has a hard time fitting in at school. Lark is good at singing and playing the guitar. She uses jamming with her friends in preparation for a competition as an escape from the bitterness of reality. This story is about friendship and the discovery of different relationships with family and new friends.
Series: The Starlight Chronicels
Genre: contemporary, young adult
Publisher: esKape Press
Publication date: October 21, 2014
Number of pages: 131
Category: Junior High+
Content Rating: PG
Book Rating: 5 stars
Book 2: Lark Singer
Review coming soon...
Book 3: Starlight
Review coming soon...
A review copy of The Starlight Chronicles Box Set was provided via SLB Tours.
Note: This post will be updated with reviews for books 2 and 3 after completion.
February 15--Katie's Clean Book Collection | Mel's Shelves
February 16--Anna Weaver Hurtt, Inspirational Author
February 17--Singing Librarian Books
February 18--Toni Shiloh Prayerfully-Lifted Romance
February 19--Reading Is My SuperPower
February 20--Just Commonly
2/17/2016 07:29:08 am
Thanks for all your work and being a part of my blog tour! I appreciate it!
Comments are closed.
Bringing you your next favorite clean read...
Need a good book to read? Check here... Anything from scifi, historical fiction, realistic fiction, fantasy, romance, adventure...
How to comment on the blog due to weird theme issues:
-Notify me of new comments to this post by email
Need to search the site? Use the search engine below...
Learn more about how I rate the books I read HERE.
Follow the teen reader blog via email.
Uppercase Box Book Discussions
This is a group for Uppercase Box subscribers to discuss the current month's book! Uppercase is the first YA book subscription box. Books are hand-picked by a YA book expert and delivered monthly.
Books we've read
View this group on Goodreads »