Interview with Meghan M. Gorecki
About the Author
Meghan M. Gorecki is an author of inspirational fiction about what God can make beautiful from the ashes of history, and hearts. A lover and avid studier of people, times gone by, and fiction, she has been writing since childhood and now houses her books under Northern Belle Publishing. Coffee and red lipstick color her days as a redhead from a box, alongside her treasured tribe of family and friends in her beloved hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
1. What is your favorite dessert? Vanilla custard.
2. What is your favorite beverege? Coffee!
3. What is your favorite TV show? How I Met Your Mother. And The Office.
4. Where is your favorite place to go on holiday? On Holiday as in vacation? Gettysburg! If you meant on a holiday: staying home! J
1. What did you want to be when you grew up? Did becoming an author ever cross your mind?
I wanted to be married and have kids. Still do. J And as I got older, I knew I wanted to write stories. And so, through many trials and errors and humble pie—I did.
2. What authors do you enjoy? Do these authors inspire your own writing?
Oh gosh there’s so many. Lynn Austin, Pepper Basham, Kara Isaac, Laurie Tomlinson, Jocelyn Green, and Joanne Bischof just to name a few who’ve enormously inspired my writing.
3. When you are not writing, what other "hats" do you wear?
The latest hat is that of Campus Coordinator at my church—which is part admin, marketing, communications, facilities managing, and more. It keeps me on my toes but there is no place I’d rather be.
Book Related Questions
1. What inspired the idea for Amongst the Roses?
A homeschool assignment in fourth grade! It was to keep a diary as if I was a girl from the North living through the Civil War. Between that, Little Women, and Lynn Austin’s Refiner’s Fire series, I ran with it and turned it into a story called Amongst the Roses. I kept Margaret, Connor, Adam, and Annelise’s names, and the era/setting—and those are the only resemblances to the original girlhood version.
2. What do you want readers to take away from reading Amongst the Roses?
I hope and pray they take away that God can build something beautiful in the midst of trials, and that He is ever near. With the heart of a good, good Father.
3. What is your current WIP? What can you tell us about it?
The sequel to Amongst the Roses: A Rose Long Awaited! It picks up right where Roses leaves off, and takes us and the Bryant and Doyle families through to the end of the Civil War. And that’s all I can say about that lest I give away spoilers.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Request an Interview
Hello and welcome to my author interview page. Here there will be interviews with some fun and amazing authors.
How to comment on the blog due to weird theme issues:
-Notify me of new comments to this post by email
Need to search the site? Use the search engine below...
Follow the author interviews blog via email: