Prism Book Tours.
Welcome to the Release Celebration for
By Jennifer Silverwood
Read the exclusive excerpt and enter the giveaway below...
(A Wylder Tale Novella)
by Jennifer Silverwood
YA Dark Fantasy
ebook, 52 Pages
February 25th 2016
Wolfsbane and his daughter Resha are on a never ending quest in the Wylder Mountains, to wipe out the wolves who destroyed their village. Before their enemies stole everything she loved, Resha cared for little beyond learning how to be a hunter. After, she learned a hunter must be prepared to fight as well as flee. Now she cares for nothing but revenge.
Until she discovers two majikal humans half frozen in the forest. Resha has a choice, to follow her instincts and leave the strangers to the wolves, or save them. Yet the enemy is on the prowl and there is little time for Wolfsbane's daughter to find safe haven before they are discovered.
(A Wylder Tale, #1)YA Dark Fantasy
by Jennifer Silverwood
Paperback & ebook, 239 pages
October 31st 2015
Vynasha has spent the last four years tending her mother's roses and looking after her nephew. The fire that killed their family has left her scarred and put Wyll on the brink of death. Soon the first frost will come down from the mountains and she knows this winter will be his last.
Until a strange beggar appears on the road, telling her of the majikal Source that can heal her Wyll. With nothing left to lose, Vynasha braves the forbidden Wylder Mountains to seek out a cure and her fate.
A lost kingdom is uncovered by an equally lost girl, but the castle is not abandoned as she believes. Shadows cloaking unseen eyes watch. Tapestries whisper from the hidden corners, wondering if the one to break their curse has come. And a hungry beast waits, ready to devour her soul.
Jennifer Silverwood was raised deep in the heart of Texas and has been spinning yarns a mile high since childhood. In her spare time she reads and writes and tries to sustain her wanderlust, whether itâs the Carpathian Mountains in Transylvania, the highlands of Ecuador or a road trip to the next town. Always on the lookout for her next adventure, in print or reality, she dreams of one day proving to the masses that everything really is better in Texas. She is the author of the Heavenâs Edge series, Stay and Silver Hollow.
Release Celebration Giveaway
$20 Amazon eGift Card (Open Internationally)
Signed copy of Craving Beauty, ebook of Wolfsbane's Daughter, & Swag (US Only)
Ends February 26th
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Lisa Orchard grew up loving books. She was hooked on books by the fifth grade and even wrote a few of her own. She knew she wanted to be a writer even then. Her first published works are the “Super Spies Series.” These stories revolve around a group of friends who form their own detective squad and the cases they solve. “The Starlight Chronicles,” is the next series that Lisa created with musical misfit, Lark Singer as her main character.
Lisa resides in Michigan with her husband, Steve, and two wonderful boys. Currently, she’s working on the next book in the Starlight Chronicles Series along with a few new ideas that may turn into stand-alone novels. When she’s not writing she enjoys spending time with her family, running, hiking, and reading.
View the interview HERE.
1. Favorite quote: I don’t know who the author is, but I love the quote: “It’s impossible,” said Pride. “It’s risky,” said Experience. “It’s pointless,”said Reason. “Give it a try,” whispered the Heart.
2. Favorite book: It depends on my mood, but right now I have two: One adult book, titled: “Everything I never Told You” by Celeste Ng. One Young Adult book, titled: Untwine by Edwidge Dantecat.
3. Favorite dessert: Lorna Doone Chocolate Dessert. It’s a combination of shortbread cookies, chocolate, and whipped cream
4. Favorite flower: This too changes with my mood because I love all flowers, but right now I’m partial to sunflowers.
5. Favorite season: Summer
6. Favorite T.V. series: I would have to say “Breaking Bad.” It was so well written and it illustrated how the main character evolved from being such a nice guy to a really bad guy.
7. Favorite place to visit: Any place tropical J
8. Favorite Restaurant: Red Lobster (I love seafood)
9. Favorite author: I love reading so I have many favorites, but here’s a few: Stephen King, Celeste, Ng, Rebecca Stead, and Clare Vanderpool.
10. Favorite holiday: Christmas
1. The inspiration behind this story is the band RUSH. They’ve been around since the sixties and their music is still popular today.
2. What I like about RUSH is the fact that they performed because of their love of music. They weren’t into attention grabbing behavior like so many other rock bands of their era. This is where I got the inspiration for Lark’s (the main character) drive and focus.
3. The series started out as one book and my publisher thought it’d be better if it were split up into three separate stories.
4. Like Lark, I always wanted to play the guitar, but I never got the opportunity to do it.
5. I’ve never watched reality shows like “Survivor,” or “The Voice,” so it’s very ironic that I’ve written a story where winning one is the focal point for my main character.
6. I completed “The Starlight Chronicles” just before I had to undergo chemo therapy. Editing this series, helped me through that process.
7. I wrote this story because I want young girls who are facing adversity to persevere, just because the journey is hard, doesn’t mean it’s not worth pursuing.
8. I’m working on the fourth book in the series, I’m almost done with it. I’m also working on some other ideas that have inspired me.
9. This story comes from my own desire to be a rock star. Hasn’t everyone had this dream at some point?
10. The tenth and final fact is that I said the first sentence in “Gideon Lee” to my husband when we were watching a documentary about RUSH. That one sentence sparked the whole series. Isn’t it funny where our ideas stem from?
Book 1: Gideon Lee
Gideon Lee, the first book in Lisa Orchard’s Starlight Chronicles is a book about a teenage girl, Lark Singer, that has the typical struggling relationship with her mother and she has a hard time fitting in at school. Lark is good at singing and playing the guitar. She uses jamming with her friends in preparation for a competition as an escape from the bitterness of reality. This story is about friendship and the discovery of different relationships with family and new friends.
Series: The Starlight Chronicels
Genre: contemporary, young adult
Publisher: esKape Press
Publication date: October 21, 2014
Number of pages: 131
Category: Junior High+
Content Rating: PG
Book Rating: 5 stars
Book 2: Lark Singer
Review coming soon...
Book 3: Starlight
Review coming soon...
A review copy of The Starlight Chronicles Box Set was provided via SLB Tours.
Note: This post will be updated with reviews for books 2 and 3 after completion.
February 15--Katie's Clean Book Collection | Mel's Shelves
February 16--Anna Weaver Hurtt, Inspirational Author
February 17--Singing Librarian Books
February 18--Toni Shiloh Prayerfully-Lifted Romance
February 19--Reading Is My SuperPower
February 20--Just Commonly
When seventeen-year-old Sage wakes up in a hospital with no memories, her only clue are the words written on her hand. With a deadly disease threatening to wipe out mankind, Sage must find out who she is and why most people would kill to get their hands on her--before it's too late. This fast-paced, futuristic thriller is a spine-tingling read!
Available to purchase on
- AMAZON -
Rachel McClellan was born and raised in Idaho, a place secretly known for its supernatural creatures. When she's not in her writing lair, she's partying with her husband and four crazy, yet lovable, children. Rachel's love for storytelling began as a child when the moon first possessed the night. For when the lights went out, her imagination painted a whole new world. And what a scary world it was...
Watch for my review coming soon...
Top 10 Movies
1. Count of Monte Cristo
2. Batman, Dark Knight series
3. Harry Potter movies
5. The Heat
6. Napolean Dynamite
7. Moulin Rouge
8. Pride and Prejudice
10. Better Off Dead
"Stop!" a man shouts. He runs towards us. Two more appear behind him.
Jenna reaches a hand down. "Grab it!"
Colt takes hold and she easily lifts him out. They are all so strong.
"Go up, Sage,” Anthony says. “I've got these guys.”
He's holding the same dagger I'd had in my hand earlier.
"I'm not leaving you alone," I say.
"Three guys is nothing. I'll be fine. Go."
I look up toward where my brother sits waiting for me and then back at Anthony.
"Stop right there and we'll let you live," a guard says. He has a single spike sticking out of his
otherwise bald head.
"Don't listen to him Sage," Anthony says. "You're too valuable. Just go before they capture
This makes me move. I scramble up the ladder. When I'm at the top, I shout down, "Come
on! You can make it."
He stares up at me through the narrow opening and smiles. "Change the world," he says just
as an invisible blast knocks him to the ground.
A secret passage holds more than spider webs.
When a ship's captain is forced to enslave island natives to please his fiancée, Princess Serena, he takes refuge in the company of a beautiful slave girl. The princess is devastated by his betrayal, and the lives of all the slaves in her realm are now at risk. The heart-broken princess has acquired great power at her father’s death, could she use it to force the captain’s fulfillment of his promise to her? Or will the affectionate stable-hand, despite his own secrets, have his chance at her heart after all?
In the romantic style of master writers like Anita Stanfield, Anna del C. Dye has skillfully entwined these relationships into a captivating, edge-of-your-seat medieval romance that will have readers guessing until the final page. Young adults everywhere-A Kingdom by the Sea is the book you MUST read!
Available to purchase on
Anna was born in the extreme South along some famous beaches. She grew up with four other siblings, being placed in the middle.
Anna moved to the USA to marry her husband, Rodney, and has resided in Utah since then. Her husband, a native of Idaho, met her in her hometown. They fell in love and she came to Utah on Christmas Eve to be married two weeks later. They are the parents of three princes and a princess.
Early on in her life she showed an affinity for sewing and took classes that rewarded her with the opportunities of doing costuming for the cast of four musicals, and for Utah’s own Fantasy Con, which she enjoyed immensely. She is fluent in both English and Spanish. Anna lives in Taylorsville Utah.
Some of Anna’s writing recognitions:
She received the Editor’s Choice Award from the International Library of Poetry and had her article entitled A New American Mother published by Desert Saints Magazine. Her short story entitled Amerine—Fairy Princess won an award in the Oquirrh chapter contest and was published by Kalkion Magazine. (Now it is published as an e-book.) Other articles about family and relationship have been published frequently in the MOMS CLUB® of Salt Lake Valley-West. She has published 7 books on her Elf series. One won a bronze seal, another first page second place and yet another Honorable mention. Her love story was published by Deseret book in the anthology entitled Angels Round About compiled by July C. Olsen. Another of her articles was included in the book Mother’s Message in a Bottle, edited by Tyler Hayden and published by Ninbus Publishing. Her new series A Royal Romance was published in Feb 2015 with the first book being “Once Upon Two Kingdoms, which won a first page award. “A Kingdom by the Sea.” Second book in A Royal Romance, was published Feb. 2016.
Author's Top 10 Favorite's
1. I am funny
2. I love Il Divo
3. I want to be an elf
4. I love the color green
5. I love snow but I don’t ski
6. I like fish, especially salmon
7. I like old houses
8. I prefer caramel to chocolate
9. I don’t read horror or erotica
10. I am a Christian
I have not completed the book at this time, so watch for my review coming soon.
About the Author
About the Book
A Heart Warming Story
Nineteen-year-old Kyle Reynolds was just a pizza slinging delivery driver with a dream when he met Emily Hayden. She gave him a glimpse at love and stole his heart away without any hesitation. However, Emily had a secret. Not just any secret, but one that could and would change everything.
A Chance at Love is a Christian romance that captures the sweet innocent side of young love that can still be found in young Christians today. A Christian romance novel that not only shows how God works things together for good in our life, but the spiritual growth of one young man.
Try It Before You Buy It
T.K. Chapin is confident you'll love this story so much that he'll provide you with a free sample. Just click here to download a sample.
Available to purchase on
- AMAZON -
What People Are Saying...
Bringing you your next favorite clean read...
Need a good book to read? Check here... Anything from scifi, historical fiction, realistic fiction, fantasy, romance, adventure...
How to comment on the blog due to weird theme issues:
-Notify me of new comments to this post by email
Need to search the site? Use the search engine below...
Learn more about how I rate the books I read HERE.
Follow the teen reader blog via email.