About the Author
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world for book research (expense covered for you by an anonymous donor), where would you go and why?
I would go spend a week traveling in the 3 state area of South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana. I've already visited South Dakota many times, but since I write stories mostly in those three states, that's where I'd love to spend my "real" time.
2. What genre(s) do you write? Why do you choose to write in this genre?
I write mostly Historical and all of them are at least sweet, but most of them are also Christian romance. I don't want my readers to pick up a book by Kari Trumbo and have to wonder what they're getting. I've also written a few Christian contemporary romances.
3. What top 5 books are currently on your TBR pile?
1) The Captured Bride by Michelle Griep
2) More Than Meets the Eye by Karen Witemeyer
3) The Raveling by Tamara Leigh
4) Just the Way You Are by Pepper Basham
5) The Sea Before Us by Sarah Sundin
4. What inspired your idea for Teach Me to Love?
Teach Me To Love was actually inspired by a reader. After I wrote Sparks in Spearfish, one of my readers sent me an email and she felt Izzy needed her own redemptive love story. She made a good case and I actually saw a lot of potential in Izzy. She turned out to be a wonderful, though wounded more than I ever expected, heroine. I put her in Belle Fourche because the history of ranching and strong cowboys is really strong there.
5. What do you want readers to take away from reading Teach Me to Love?
Forgiveness is there, we don't have to live in our hurt. It's okay to feel our pain, to work through it, but when we are ready to move on, the Lord has better plans for us.
6. What is your current WIP? What can you tell us about this project?
I'm working on the second and third story in the Belle Fourche series (Teach Me to Love is book 1 of the series). I'm diligently working with my editor on What the Heart Holds and writing Deep Longing of the Soul.
Pre-order the collection HERE.
OR pre-order Teach Me to Love HERE.
Request an Interview
Hello and welcome to my author interview page. Here there will be interviews with some fun and amazing authors.
How to comment on the blog due to weird theme issues:
-Notify me of new comments to this post by email
Need to search the site? Use the search engine below...
Follow the author interviews blog via email: