About the Author
ECPA-bestselling author Carrie Fancett Pagels, Ph.D., is the award-winning author of a dozen Christian historical romances. Twenty-five years as a psychologist didn't "cure" her overactive imagination! A self-professed “history geek,” she resides with her family in the Historic Triangle of Virginia but grew up as a “Yooper.” Carrie loves to read, bake, bead, and travel – but not all at the same time! You can connect with her at www.CarrieFancettPagels.com.
GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | AMAZON | LINKEDIN |WEBSITE
OVERCOMING WITH GOD | COLONIAL QUILLS
1. Do you have any funny stories from fans meeting you for the first time?
I don’t think funny stories but I have been so blessed by the readers I’ve met, especially last year in Shepherd Michigan when Joyce Noyes brought her absolutely adorable granddaughters with her!
2. What did your writing process for My Heart Belongs on Mackinac Island look like? Ohmygoodnessgraciousmeohmy! This was like having a problem child who needed a lot of therapy and rehab!
3. What type of research did you do for My Heart Belongs on Mackinac Island?
Did you do any traveling for this research? I actually lived on and worked on the island as a teenager and grew up in the area. And I’ve been there often visiting. One of my close friends has family from the island and she inspired that aspect of the story. We specifically stayed at both the Grand Hotel for research and at the Windermere, which is the inspiration for my heroine’s inn.
4. What inspired the idea for My Heart Belongs on Mackinac Island?
I wondered what an independent miss, brought up by the strong women of the island, would do if her father resisted her becoming a business manager/inn manager which is her birthright but is at a time when young women were sheltered.
5. What do you want readers to take away from reading My Heart Belongs on Mackinac Island? The only inheritance you need to concern yourself with is that of being a child of the living God.
6. Do you have any advice you would give to other potential authors?
Don’t give up if you have a manuscript that is giving you fits, not if the Lord tells you to keep working on it. Hire the best freelance editors that you can and pray! This problem child became an RT Book Reviews Top Pick for July PTL!
Hello and welcome to my author interview page. Here there will be information about some fun and amazing authors.
Need to search the site? Use the search engine below...
Follow the author interviews blog via email: