Q&A with the Author
The Matchup is the continuation of the Logan family’s story from Pierced by Love but it can also be read on its own. I wanted to figure out why Gage, Pierce’s younger brother, struggled with his faith. And then I discovered the perfect match for him in Valerie and immediately knew that her struggle with single-handedly raising an autistic son needed to be told as well.
2. What kind of music do you listen to while you write?
My “music” is either complete silence or my kids’ favorite TV programs in the background.
Authors Top Ten List
2. My favorite all-time movie is The Sound of Music. I watched it so many times as a child that my brothers now refuse to allow their wives to watch it.
3. I met my husband while planning an outing to the Grand Canyon. We talked like old friends for hours while hiking the upper rim. I immediately knew he was the guy for me!
4. I graduated from Northern Arizona University the day after we got married.
5. I like to sew quilts for my kids.
6. I’m a fairly good cook, although I didn’t acquire this particular skill until after I married. I make a mean oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.
7. Of my six children, only one looks like me and has my blue eyes. She also fits in the same birth order as I do with my siblings.
8. A year ago, my heart’s left ventricle was only working at 18% capacity. Now, it’s back to normal range (which is 60%). Doctors are calling me a miracle and I know they’re right.
9. My favorite color is red.
10. I once found a baby Gila monster in my garage. Good thing it didn’t stay!