2017 Reading Challenges
Relates to something in the news.
Won a Newbery Medal.
Takes place at a national park or historical landmark.
Is on the reading lists of a school in your area.
Features a hero/heroine with your eye color.
Is written in first person.
Reminds you of a relative.
Is by an author from your state.
Contains a biblical reference/allusion in the title.
Has a title that made you say, "Hmm..."
Has an animal on the cover.
My progress to be recorded here at the end of each month.
- Read 10 Whitney Finalists, 3 of which must have been published in 2016
Level: Prehistoric - 50+ books
Historical Fiction Books I Read Before Starting the Challenge (January 1-March 14):
Historical Fiction Books I Read for the Challenge (March 15-December 31):
Goal: To read 5 WWII Era novels in 2017
Book suggestions can be found HERE and HERE and HERE. (below are possiblities of what I will read).
Personal Reading Challenges
- Read all of the books in the Harry Potter series.
- Read all of the books in the Series of Unfortunate Events series.
- Read at least one young adult book a month.
- January--Death Thieves by Julie Wright
- February--The Lost Girl of Astor Street by Stephanie Morrill
- March--For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice #3) by Jody Hedlund & How to Become a Pirate by Marty Reeder
- Re-read at least 5 of my all time favorite books.
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery (currently reading with my sister)